[TowerTalk] R45 top prompted by Leeson comment

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] R45 top prompted by Leeson comment
From: rlboyd@CapAccess.org (Rich L. Boyd)
Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 08:38:04 -0400 (EDT)
I like Dave's idea of using a regular Rohn 45 section as the top section
rather than a "top section."  My other tower has a regular one.  The Rohn
"top section" lacks the diagonals for the top several feet, I guess for
ease of rotator installation there...many of us with longer masts are
putting our rotator further down anyway.  So the top several feet of
tower must be weaker than the rest of the tower that has diagonals.

73 - Rich Boyd, KE3Q