[TowerTalk] Explorer 14 with high SWR

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Explorer 14 with high SWR
From: (Alfred J. Frugoli)
Date: Sun, 04 May 1997 18:17:12 +0000 wrote:
> In a message dated 97-05-03 14:16:35 EDT, (david l hyman)
> writes:
> --stuff about high swr--
>       The first thing I would do would be to go up on the tower with an
> MFJ-259 Antenna Analyzer and test the antenna directly.  Go right to the
> antenna terminals first and then go back down the system.  If the antenna
> checks out, then you've probably got a bad coax connection.  If the antenna
> SWR is still bad, then you've got an antenna problem.  There are ways to
> check the traps to see if they're bad.
>      This is a good start.  Other TowerTalkian comments?
> 73,  Steve  K7LXC

A simpler solution would be to try new coax between the rig and the coax
switch, or just use that as a jumper to bypass the coax switch.  This
saves you a trip up the tower, and finding a MFJ antenna analyzer to

Good luck.

Al, KE1FO, ex. KE6BER or
Check out my web page, for summaries
from the contest reflector and a growing list of amateur radio links.