[TowerTalk] Copper ground Rods

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Copper ground Rods
From: (Chuck Dietz (KE5FI))
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 08:13:18 -0500 wrote:
> QUESTION:  How serious is this dissimilar metals stuff?
> How serious a "wet cell" in the ground have I created?
> I CANNOT pull these copper rods out.   They are there for life
> IF I choose to leave this alone, how big a deal is it REALLY?

I'm not sure how big a deal the dissimilar metal thing is, however, it
occurs to me that you could get galvanized water pipe and put it over
the ground rod and hammer it down with some water help.  Home depot has
connections that will allow you to connect a hose to the pipe.  With
water, it should go down easily.  Then you could pull up the copper rod.

Chuck, KE5FI