[TowerTalk] 45G top plates

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 45G top plates
From: k3lr@telerama.lm.com (k3lr)
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 23:40:04 -0400

The easy way to limit the 45G + BPL45G load is to put the
45G section up first, then haul up the BPL45G top plate.
That way the last 45G + BPL45G section isn't so heavy.

I think the separate top plate solution is much better than
the short section that have top plates. The added bracing
is important to me.

I also think that putting the top set of guys at the tower
top is the best place. It does make yagi installs a bit
more of an effort, but it hasn't been a problem here.

I took my 45AG4 down (7' 8" top section with bearing plate)
a few years ago and replaced it with a 45G straight section
and the BPL45G plate. I like it much better.

By the way, I have 1 used and 1 new 45AG4 that I would
like to sell. Contact me if you are interested.

BPL's are the only way to go. And the making the
Brass Pounders League (BPL) was great some 23 years ago....

73!
Tim K3LR