[TowerTalk] 45G top plates

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 45G top plates
From: (Steve Sawyers n0yvy)
Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 07:16:06 -0500
Barry Kutner wrote:
> On  5 May 97, k3lr <> wrote:
> > I also think that putting the top set of guys at the tower
> > top is the best place. It does make yagi installs a bit
> > more of an effort, but it hasn't been a problem here.
> >
> Makes sense to me too, but that's not the way Rohn specifies it.
> Anyone know why?
> --
> Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet:
> Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate:
> --
> FAQ on WWW:
> Submissions:
> Administrative requests:
> Problems:

Rohn literature presents only one of many possible tower guying
installations. I hesitate to speak for them, but they appear to want to
present a typical tower for suppport of a business sized antenna on top.
This is where the market is. They do offer engineering services for
specific special loading situations.

Most amateur installations would fall into the "special loading

I think of a tower section as a building block or 2x4 that I can use to
build whatever I need. Their detailed section drawings give me the
structural strength info (except torsional strength) that I need to do
the rest of the design.

de n0yvy steve