[TowerTalk] BN-86 Balun Question Results

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] BN-86 Balun Question Results
From: (Fatchett, Mike)
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 10:33:07 -0600
Thanks to all who replied!

The overall consensus is that the BN-86 is a poor choice.  It will not
handle high SWR.  I was lucky mine worked (or did it?) as long as it
did.  I am sure the balun was the reason I did not work BS7H! :)

The majority suggest a current type balun for replacement.  Below are
the types suggested and the number of people recommending each type.

Type                    #

Force 12 B-1            3       (I decided on this one)
Hy-Gain BN-4000 3
Homemade                3       (nice to see some people still homebrew)
KLM                     1
Radio Works             1
Aztec RF                1