[TowerTalk] 45G top plates

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 45G top plates
From: (
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 16:10:43 -0400
My next question would be how much mast did he have inside the section and
how was it supported?  IE, was it just stuck inside the top tube of a
regular top section or was it supported below the tube in a rotator or

73, Tyler K3MM on 05/06/97 12:33:17 PM

cc:    (bcc: Tyler G Stewart/BENN/CEC)
Subject:  Re: [TowerTalk] 45G top plates

Info to ponder:

A local fellow installed the top guys below the top of the 45G top section,
at the horizontal brace (about 20") below the actual top. The tower is 160'
and the upper half rotates. The tower is on a ridge line.

During a rough storm, the part of the top section above the top guy
actually bent. No - this is not April 1. I have the top section here and
use it as a a model for making rotating side arms and things for 45G. It is
most impressive, as was the task of getting the antenna, mast and section
down and replaced.

Let's hear it for crank-ups!! No free lunch.

Have a good day and 73,
   Tom, N6BT
   Force 12 Antennas and Systems
   (Home Page )