[TowerTalk] 2-element Yagis

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 2-element Yagis
From: cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu (L. B. Cebik)
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 14:11:11 -0400 (EDT)
Having fielded over the last couple of months a good number of basic
questions on the performance of 2-element Yagis, I decided to place a
little refresher at the website.  Well, it grew like a dandelion into a
4-part affair too long for e-mail by far (84KB).  Tried to make sure that
all terms used were defined, especially the ones that get thrown about
ambiguously so often.  Also tried to be sure that enough data was given so
that models can be replicated, if someone wants to go that far.  All
models are at 29 MHz and use 3/8" diameter aluminum, which scales to other
lower HF bands into plausible diameter materials.  If you have never
thought about the Yagi from the dipole on up, you might want to do the
reading.  Unfortunately, no time to dress it up with graphics; just lots
of data tables.  Look on the radio page for the title "What Can We Expect
>From a 2-Element Yagi?"

Just thought I'd let you know it's there.

-73-

LB, W4RNL

L. B. Cebik, W4RNL         /\  /\     *   /  /    /    (Off)(423) 974-7215
1434 High Mesa Drive      /  \/  \/\     ----/\---     (Hm) (423) 938-6335
Knoxville, Tennessee     /\   \   \ \   /  / || /      (FAX)(423) 974-3509
37938-4443     USA      /  \   \   \ \       ||              cebik@utk.edu