[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] Re: Nicopress

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Nicopress
From: (David & Barbara Leeson)
Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 09:40:44 -0500 (EST)
For Nico fittings, look in the Yellow pages under Wire Rope.  There are
several different types, some that require a circular press and some
that require an oval press.  I strongly recommend getting a catalog
from Nico.

I bought used telephone company tools from a local wire rope outfit that
also has surplus stuff.  Some of the tools have multiple cutouts on the
jaws that fit several different sizes, and this is a money saver.

Although I've made wide use of Nico fasteners, I find that Big Grips
(preforms) are often a much more flexible way to terminate guys, especially
now that Phillystran offers them (Texas Towers).

In addition to the type that's used for wire rope, there are also Nico
fasteners that are used to splice Copperweld (copper plated steel) power

But be sure you know how to crimp, and how many to use, per the catalog
and not per hearsay.

73 de Dave, W6NL (ex-QHS)

FAQ on WWW:     
Administrative requests:

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>
  • [TowerTalk] Re: Nicopress, David & Barbara Leeson <=