[TowerTalk] Orion rotors

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Orion rotors
From: (
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 15:44:40 -0400
OK.  I got my "2300" used and it's the digital version, which I guess
abandons the pot method.  Thanks for the info!  73, Tyler

Please respond to

To:   Tyler G Stewart/BENN/CEC
Subject:  Re: [TowerTalk] Orion rotors wrote:
> I'm no Orion expert, but at least the 2300 and 2800 do not have a
> directional pot.  They use a reed switch and magnet on a flywheel
approach > to count turn

Hi Tyler!  My Orion 2300 from before K6MYC took it over has a pot
driving a meter through some op amps for its direction indication.

The reed switches are on the 2800 with the counter-style read-out.

Perhaps there are 2300's with a digital direction indicator that was
a transition model??

vy 73,

Mike - W8MM - EM79sd