[TowerTalk] G5RV to a Yaesu FT-101ZD

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] G5RV to a Yaesu FT-101ZD
From: nolanke@tcd.ie (K. Nolan)
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 16:04:51 +0100
Dear All,
I will be a fully licenced Radio Experimenter in about a week. I propose to
use a G5RV in an inverted-vee arrangement  with the apex  at 60 feet above
the ground and an angle of 120 degrees between the two wires. What I would
like to know is  what impedance and type of cable should I use to connect
the S0239 connector of the ribbon feeder of the antenna to the rig ( Yaesu
FT-101ZD), via an ATU?  The length of  coax cable that I plan to use is
20feet in length.
Also, I'm planning on using a beech tree as a means of supporting the apex
of the antenna.  Will this have a degrading effect on the performance of
the antenna?
Any suggestions or details of your experiences with the G5RV are greatly
appreciated.  Many thanks for your time.
73's Good DX!
Keith Nolan (nolanke@tcd.ie)
Rep. of Ireland.