[TowerTalk] WANTED INFO ON R-7000

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] WANTED INFO ON R-7000
From: kn6di@IDT.NET (Daniel H. Arney Jr.)
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 05:33:14 -0700
I have a R-7000 that loves 9 plus signals. My old R-7 played more like a
yagi (not quiet) The antenna is mounted on a 12' 2" pipe on my roof so
the antenna is in the clear. I was told that the pipe and antenna need
to be insulated from each other. Sent a msg to Cushcraft and got no
Is there any way to tweak this beast up to make it work or is it a good
item for the swapmeet?Have over $300. into it.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Feeding it with RG-213 about 60'
Hank KN6DI