[TowerTalk] Cushcraft vs. Polyphaser Lightning arrestors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft vs. Polyphaser Lightning arrestors
From: ke1fo@contesting.com (Alfred J. Frugoli)
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 20:21:17 +0000
I have several Cushcraft LAC4H Fast Action Gas Discharge Lightning
Arresters that I bought new two years ago and never installed.  In the
interest of saving a few $$ I'd like to use these in my new station
location instead of investing in Polyphaser ones.  Any comments, pro or
con about using the Cushcraft models instead of the Polyphaser ones?
I'm more interested in proper protection that I am in saving money.
They will be mounted at a single point entrance pannel with a couple of
Polyphaser rotor control cable protectors.

Please reply direct and I'll summarize for the reflector.  Thanks.
--
Al, KE1FO, ex. KE6BER    mailto:ke1fo@contesting.com or ke6ber@tiac.net
Check out my web page, http://www.tiac.net/users/ke6ber for summaries