[TowerTalk] Good antennae for stroke-1 HF operation?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Good antennae for stroke-1 HF operation?
From: (Peter Slocum)
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 16:06:02 -0700

The family is heading back East this summer to spend a week at a rental
cottage on some lake in New Hampshire (my XYL made the arrangements ...
she just tells me when I need to have my bags packed by :<) ) and I was
wondering what's a good antennae to use with a Kenwood TS-50 (with NO
tuner) on this DX-pedition, of sorts.  I plan to work mostly 20, 17, 15
meters and don't really know what I'll find when I get to NH as far as
buildings, trees, power lines, etc.  I'm inclined to bring along a
vertical (any suggestions for possible vendors?) but I would welcome
comments/suggestions from others who may have tried to mix vacations and
HF operation.

Thanks ... Peter, KE6VMJ