[TowerTalk] Multiband dipole made out of rotor wire??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Multiband dipole made out of rotor wire??
From: HARPERD@TX.SLR.com (HARPER, DAVID)
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 14:04:33 -0500
Steve:
About 20 years ago I tried making a 40-10 inverted vee using flat
4-conductor rotor cable.  I had seen an article describing it.  Didn't
work, very high SWR on all bands.  I discovered that as I peeled
away each set of wires and fanned them out a few feet, one band
at a time, that band would then have a decent SWR.  Ended up with
all four bands fanned out and worked okay that way.  Would have
been a lot easier to have done it that way to start with.  Good luck.
73,
Dave WD5N     (/HC8, /KP2, FO0HAR, ZK1NAR, VP5EA)
< harperd@tx.slr.com >