Re[2]: [TowerTalk] Texas Towers

To: <>
Subject: Re[2]: [TowerTalk] Texas Towers
From: (
Date: Wed, 21 May 97 10:52:53 EST
     I have placed 3 orders over the last 2 months.  I have had great
     service each time.  I work with customers every day with my job.  I
     know what is good and bad service.
     I will always try a company again if I get bad service 1 time just to
     see if it was a bad day for some one.  I also take the time to talk to
     management/owner when I am not happy.  We have TOO few Ham radio
     stores left.  We need to try and help the stores do a good job, if we
     can.  Try living over sea's and not have a ham store to use, it is the
     I don't know why but I have had good service from them.

      Paul, WG0G/W2
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Texas Towers
Author: at SMTPLINK-rammob
To: <>
Date:    5/21/97 12:55 AM

Bill Fisher - W4AN wrote:
> > I wonder why Texas Towers put those great advertisments and such a lousy
> > service. Once they hang up on me after noticing my accent.
> I think it's all in who you talk to over there.  I recently received an
> email from the owner of the company (Gerald) who was very concerned about
> a note I posted on the reflector concerning his company.  The bottom line
> is (I believe) that he has one or two problem children over there
> answering the phone.
> Last week I placed an order with Gerald and everything went smoothly
> other than the order shipping two days after I placed it and not being
> told.  I have been told by other friends that Neal is "the guy" to talk
> to over there.
> Like they... It's not what you know, it's who you know.
> 73
> Bill, W4AN
> --
> FAQ on WWW:
> Submissions:
> Administrative requests:
> Problems:
Maybe so, Bill, but the bottom line is it's driving customers away.  I
was given some needless petty crap over the phone when I wanted to order
some tubing.  Not much of a purchase, but I needed to do some repairs.
Now, it will be a 'cold day in Hates' before I buy anything there.
That is why, Bill, I try to give customer service 'above and beyond',
cuz I hate when it's lousey.
73 de Steve, NJ4F
The DX4WIN guy