[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] Is this pipe or mast

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Is this pipe or mast
From: (Lynn D. Osterbur)
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 22:52:26 -0500 (CDT)

  I ordered a 20 foot stick of  2 inch, .250 wall, > 70,000 psi tubing(pipe) 
for use as a mast. The 2 inch spec was o.d.   
  What I received was  1 1/2 inch i.d., .200 wall, 70,000 psi.....the o.d.
is about 1 7/8 inches.  

  Now , can I trust the guy who sold it to me when he says it 70,000 psi?
It sure looks like 1 1/2 galvanized water pipe to me, but with .200 wall.
Probably called schedule 80.  
  Do any of you pipe experts know for sure?  It has no numbers on it which
match those in the M. A. R. C. program.

 I want to put a 2 element 40, 10 feet above the top of the tower.
Your advice welcome.

p.s. THis place is the biggest steel distributor in east central illinois


FAQ on WWW:     
Administrative requests:

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>