[TowerTalk] Freestanding Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Freestanding Towers
From: twoway@scoden.ma.ultranet.com (Scott Bullock)
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 01:45:13 -0400 (EDT)
At 08:11 PM 5/24/97 -0400, William R Liporace wrote:
>I am looking to install a freestanding tower.  I do know that I want to be
>in the 70 - 80" range and I do not care about clibing one.

<snip>

At that height you would never have to climb-just reach up and work on the
antennas  big <G>
(couldn't resist guys)
Seriously though, sounds like an awful big windload factor with 3 large
antennas on that-not sure of factory specs but sounds like abt 26-30 sq.
feet. Would have to be a pretty big tower to handle that load in your
particular wind area.
Sounds like you may be better off putting up a guyed tower, if you want any
kind of engineering factor built in.
Just my .02 worth. Godd luck,
73,
Scott KA1CLX