[TowerTalk] Tailtwister info?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister info?
From: donjm@smartnet.co.za (Donald Milner)
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 10:42:37
Hi to the list,
I have just bought a tailtwister rotor second hand.  I have been told not
to operate the rotor while the tower is in the horizontal position.  My
tower is a tilt over tower.

Why I ask this question is that I have a six element Log Periodic antenna
and when the tower is brought up I need to turn the antenna to bring the
antenna past some trees.  The tower will still be in a horizontal position
while going up, as it goes up I need to turn the antenna.  One local Radio
amateur has said that this will not be good for the tailtwister.  Any info
on this would be most helpful

73 ... Don ... ZS6AQS