[TowerTalk] ground screen for new lawn

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ground screen for new lawn
From: na6t@mcn.org (Robert Odell Smith)
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 15:11:50 -0700
I'm in the process of installing a new sod lawn with a sprinkler system
plumbed with PVC.

the size of my city lot is 75' x 150' that is pointed east-west with the
150' length
My question to the group is:
I'm thinking of using welded wire (2" x 4") wire under the sod rolled
out before the sod.  the wire fencing is in rolls of 72" x 100'.  I was
going to weld the pieces together and use the complete system for a
ground screen under my LM470 triex tower.  I have 4 ele 20,15 M2 beams
and a 5 ele 10 meter beam on the tower.  I also use 80 meter qtr
slopers, a 2 ele 40 meter hygain beam, and various 160 meter wires
during contests.

any input,

bob smith
NA6T