[TowerTalk] All-stainless clamps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] All-stainless clamps
From: JC_Smith@designlink.com (JC Smith) (JC Smith)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 09:36:31 GMT
>As I recall, there was a thread on here last year about different grades of
>stainless steel. Could these bolts indeed be "stainless" and still be
magnetic?

Yes, there are different grades of stainless and some are "more stainless" than
others.  We use these things by the truckload in our industry and have found a
very good brand to be Norton.  I was formerly a distributor for them, very nice
folks too and take a lot of pride in their product.  If I remember correctly,
the Ideal clamps were cheapies and did indeed rust.

73 - JC,k0hps@amsat.org