[TowerTalk] An Engineering Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] An Engineering Question
From: EEDWARDS@oppd.com (eedwards@oppd.com)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 12:52:35 -0500
Joe Leikhim wrote:
------------------
Any chance your new neighbor will give you a long term lease on the
section of property that you have encroached upon? By the way you may
have a legal claim on that piece of property in some states due to your
having taken possession. See if you can work a deal with them and build
a fence inside their corral to keep the horses from rubbing against the
guys. Perhaps you can save some expenses.
---------------snip

I'm with Joe on this one.  It would be much easier, safer, and perhaps even
cheaper to put up fencing around your anchors.  Wouldn't take much fencing,
and the lease should be inexpensive (maybe free if they are really nice
neighbors!)

At our main two-way site at work we do this inside a horse coral for all three
anchors on a 500 ft tower.  We do this for other tower sites where cattle roam
about.  Make the fence extend out under the guy wires far enough to where the
tallest horses to be able to walk under the guys with clearance.  Never had
any problems with this configuration, at least not from the animals.  Now
farmers on tractors, that's another story!

73,
de ed -- K-zero-IL
eedwards@oppd.com