[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] An Engineering Question

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] An Engineering Question
From: (
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 12:52:35 -0500
Joe Leikhim wrote: 
Any chance your new neighbor will give you a long term lease on the  
section of property that you have encroached upon? By the way you may  
have a legal claim on that piece of property in some states due to your  
having taken possession. See if you can work a deal with them and build  
a fence inside their corral to keep the horses from rubbing against the  
guys. Perhaps you can save some expenses. 
I'm with Joe on this one.  It would be much easier, safer, and perhaps even 
cheaper to put up fencing around your anchors.  Wouldn't take much fencing, 
and the lease should be inexpensive (maybe free if they are really nice 
At our main two-way site at work we do this inside a horse coral for all three 
anchors on a 500 ft tower.  We do this for other tower sites where cattle roam 
about.  Make the fence extend out under the guy wires far enough to where the 
tallest horses to be able to walk under the guys with clearance.  Never had 
any problems with this configuration, at least not from the animals.  Now 
farmers on tractors, that's another story! 
de ed -- K-zero-IL 

FAQ on WWW:     
Administrative requests:

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>