[TowerTalk] Is this pipe or mast

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Is this pipe or mast
From: (Lynn D. Osterbur)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 18:23:41 -0500 (CDT)

  For those of you who replied to my query, I wish to say thanks.  I ordered
2 inch, .250 wall, galvanized pipe.  I received  1.5 i.d., .200 wall,
galvanized pipe.
   I specified 70,000 psi.
After further checking with the dealer, the pipe is rated for 100,000 psi.
Sounds good dosent it.  The 100,000 psi spec is for internal water pressure.
It is not a spec for yield strength.

  I now have the correct pipe ordered after talking with a more seasoned
salesman.  When I asked for  4130 his reply was,  "Oh, thats real common...
I think I can get that for you in a couple days!!!"
  If you order a piece of steel for a mast use these key words.

yield strength
structural steel

Pipe is round and tubing is square .....   what a mess.....Hi
He almost ordered square tubing the first time