[TowerTalk] Wiring Kenwood TS-940SAT for Rtty

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wiring Kenwood TS-940SAT for Rtty
From: wd4cqe@multipro.com (Kenneth Mathews)
Date: Thu, 29 May 97 22:36:56 PDT
Thanks for everyones help and suggestions. I now have completed
this task and works fine, and a big difference on FSK recieve with the
filters. Just for future reference I have wired it as follows:
Kenwood Ts-940SAT into a MFJ-1278b TNC
using 13 pin din accessory plug #2
Pin # 13 PTT
Pin # 12 Shield
Pin # 11 Mic audio in
Pin # 8 Ground
Pin # 3 Recieve audio

and also using the Rtty jack on the radio (RCA) the center to the FSK
pin on the TTL plug on the TNC and the outside of the RCA jack to
ground on the TTL plug.
It works great, and this would allow you to run AFSK on LSB or use the
FSK mode with better filters.

73's and Thanks for the help.
Ken, WD4CQE