[TowerTalk] Manufacturers and dealers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Manufacturers and dealers
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 14:11:10 -0400 (EDT)
Amateur radio manufacturers and dealers fall firmly into the "small"
business classification.  In putting together several copies of the Amateur
Radio Mail Order catalog and Resource Directory you find that most firms in
our market are small sometimes family run businesses.  Please don't expect
the business to be run like a Fortune 1000.  The owner oft times is the
order fulfillment person, shipper, and repairer!

So next time you get upset with Texas Tower, Force 12, Antenna mart,
Electronic Switch, or even HRO remember they are ALL small businesses.
Sometimes we expect too much such as fancy catalogs or hot web pages

I agree fully with Steve's (K7LXC) comment that good customer service lies
fully with the firm and its ownership.  If it's bad and not corrected they
will go away....as in Telerex.  Or if not sold to someone else they also go
away with the owner.

If we don't get the product or service to our satisfaction(this applies to
any business from Wal-Mart to Joe's HamShack Repair) we can vote with our
feet ...and walk away!

My .02 cents worth....

Dave K4JRB

For each of us we can vote with our feet...if we are not satisfied or
unhappy.  This applies to any business not just the small ones.