[TowerTalk] Re: Meters - Enough Already!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Meters - Enough Already!
From: steve@austin.ibm.com (Steve Runyon WQ5G 512-838-7008)
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 97 10:57:16 -0500
So why are we even wasting time writing/reading about this? Why am
I even writing this? I'm dunno...

BUT, it is a PITA having to know both systems, and I guess we are
imposing that on ourselves (as well as much of the rest of the world).

No, that's not right - the TRUE PITA is having to BUY BOTH sets
of tools, spare bolts, nuts, etc! How about my 79 Pontiac Trans Am? It
has some bolts/nuts that are metric, others that are SAE!! Now, that's
truly screwed up - even worse than not changing to metric is changing
halfway and then getting stuck there!!!

But I've already got both sets of tools, taps/dies, nuts, bolts,
etc. - I'm ready for whichever way anybody goes! Just please don't
let anyone introduce a third standard, OK?

Anyway, I think this is something none of us can have much effect on.
So enough already - Can we let this one drop for another 6 months?
73 de Steve WQ5G