[TowerTalk] Twr installations

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Twr installations
From: (Frank T. Brady)
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 22:43:36 -0700
I'm adding a question to the previous query (I hope the lack of response
wasn't because the question was too dumb <g>).

Is it possible/advisable to construct a tower footing in such a way that
some sort of 'adapter' plate can make the footing conform to whichever tower
I choose?  In other words, I want to put the digging and concrete work into
the construction portion of the loan if possible.  This gives me some more
time to hunt for a used LM470 or equivalent.

I just had a conversation with the contractor who is doing the site
preparation (utilities, etc) for the vacant property we're developing for
our new home/ham site.  When I suggested that I would like to have him do
the digging and concrete for the tower footing, he asked if I wanted any
'copper sheathing' in the hole the way he was instructed to do it for
another tower he installed.

Is this something to consider?  I don't know whether it was done to get a
great RF ground or for lightning protection (or both).  If there is a
worthwhile electrical procedure that can be done in the tower footing, I
sure want to learn more about it before the installation.

Best 73s,
 Frank - W0ECS