[TowerTalk] Come-a-long

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Come-a-long
From: w6go@netcom.com (Jay O'Brien - W6GO)
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 22:53:10 -0700 (PDT)
> Bill Fisher - W4AN wrote:
> >
> > I bought 3 come-a-longs from hardware stores.  Each one was junk.
> >
> > Where does a person get one that you can trust?  Brand?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Bill, W4AN
> >

> I dont know, but when you find a good one, let me know!  I just bought
> one at Ames and it immediatly jammed and then as soon as we freed it up,
> the cable came right off the reel!
>
> I'm also having a bit of a hard time finding one that has a long single
> cable, and not the hook with a pulley, which doubles the leverage, but
> cuts the range in half.  For putting guys on, it's best to get one with
> a long single cable instead of a double which may not be long enough.
>
> I bought another one at Home Depot which was OK, but it was the double
> cable type and it's not quite long enough to do guys comfortably.
>
> 73, Tyler K3MM

I bought mine from Grainger.  P/n 4Z312.  $188.50.  1700# single line,
3400# double line.  You "gets what you pays for".  A Mercedes-Benz
of come-alongs.  Fun to drive.

http://www.grainger.com or email to mailbox@grainger.com.
Atlanta: 404 762-9202.  Baltimore: 410 234-0184

They also have Scotch 88 wonder tape in big boxes.

73, Jay
    w6go@netcom.com