[TowerTalk] Big soldering irons

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Big soldering irons
From: (Chuck Dietz)
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 05:49:49 -0500
K7FL wrote:
> I need to purchase a heavy duty soldering iron with a massive tip for
> soldering PL259's. Recommendations?

You might consider the BT-100 torch from "Solder-It Company"  in
Cleveland, OH

It has push button ignition (no matches in the wind!) and is easy to
use.  They also sell silver bearing solder paste (SP-7) in a syringe
that melts at a lower temp than regular solder and is easy to use.

Solder-It Company
PO Box 20100
Cleveland, OH  44120
(216) 791-4600

This might sound like an ad, but I have no connection with the co.  I
just saw a demo of the torch at the Arlington, TX Hamcom last weekend
and bought one for myself.  Its really neat!

Chuck, KE5FI