[TowerTalk] Big soldering irons

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Big soldering irons
From: tgstewart@pepco.com (tgstewart@pepco.com)
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 08:36:51 -0400
Well, if you dont mind spending around $100, the real deal is one of the
butane powered pencil irons from Master Appliance.
They make 3 different sizes.  The larger two are usually adequate for
PL259's.  The largest has about a 3/8" tip that really holds some heat and
will do a great job on 259 shields, but it'll be a little awkward for doing
N connector center pins and the like.
I have used both and think the medium sized one is the most versatile.  A
good electronic supplier should have them in stock.
They have a built in starter and fuel control valve, so it doesnt require
any extra pieces to use.

73, Tyler K3MM

ashworth@hevanet.com on 06/10/97 12:08:23 AM