[TowerTalk] Big soldering irons

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Big soldering irons
From: (Tom Osborne)
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 01:30:54 +0900
K7FL wrote:
> Okay, so the subject may be stretching things a bit, but I suspect most
> subscribers have towers ... and feedlines run up the towers ... and the
> feedlines are terminated with connectors ... which need to be soldered -
> well, you get the idea.
> I need to purchase a heavy duty soldering iron with a massive tip for
> soldering PL259's. Recommendations?
> Dennis, K7FL

Hi Dennis.  The best thing I have found for working on antennas outside
are the small soldering torches.  You can get a small propane soldering
torch and they really work a lot better than an iron. You don't have to
drag the AC cord around either. I have used one for a long time, and
they work great..  73