[TowerTalk] How Many Radials?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How Many Radials?
From: ("Dick Green".)
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 10:01:50 -0400
I'm sure this subject has been beaten to death, but Im looking for some
advice on radials.

I'm building a 40M 4-square with a used Colatchco phasing system I picked
up for nothing (anyone have any comments on this design?) The system will
be ground-mounted (not elevated.) The instructions say to use 40 33'
radials per element, connecting the overlapping ones to copper wire bus
bars running through the square. The guy I got it from used 64 radials per
element. Another friend says anything over 28 radials won't provide any
noticable improvement. What's the latest thinking on this?

73, Dick, WC1M