[TowerTalk] Source for Radial Wire?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Source for Radial Wire?
From: ni8l@imperium.net (K8DX, Scott Detloff)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 11:24:24 -0400 (EDT)
At 09:56 AM 6/11/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi. I need a good source for radial wire for a 40M 4-square that I'm
>building.
>
>I need about a mile (5,000 feet) of suitable 18 gauge wire. In the past,
>I've used uninsulated tinned wire (I'm open to alternate suggestions here.)
>I also need a few hundred feet of heavier gauge wire for bus bars.
>
>Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.
>
>73, Dick, WC1M

Dick,

I suggest taking a trip to your local scrap processor.  I was lucky and
became friends with a ham who works there.  I was able to buy the 60,000
feet of radial wire that is down for my 160M array
for scrap prices, and less than you would pay for 5,000 at retail.  It pays
to be a scavenger!

73...Scott K8DX (ex NI8L)