[TowerTalk] yagi comments

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] yagi comments
From: (Bill Coleman AA4LR)
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 97 16:52:57 -0400
On 6/13/97 9:57 AM, Charles H. Harpole at

>Physics still says, I think, that more elements, properly placed, equal
>more gain.  Could I, and physics, be wrong?  K4VUD

The NBS (now NIST) studies of a couple of decades ago decisively showed
that the BOOM LENGTH was the primary factor in determining yagi gain, and
that the number of elements had surprisingly little to do with it.
(Although there were some very interesting exceptions)

Quote: "Not in a thousand years will man ever fly!"
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901