[TowerTalk] LM470 tower

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] LM470 tower
From: (Frank T. Brady)
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 21:13:31 -0700

I visited the KF6OG QTH in Orange CA this afternoon to look at his stacked
arrays.  When I told him I had settled on the LM470 tower, he asked if I had
considered the US Tower HDX472 equivalent which he considers sturdier plus
having the advantage of a base design that allows one to adjust the tower
plum any time after installation should it become necessary.  I don't know
whether or not our California earthquakes or ground settling make this an
issue, but it sure gives me an uncomfortable feeling to think that my LM470
may aquire a slight tilt with no way to compensate.

Is there any way a LM470 plum error can be corrected after installation?

Any thoughts pro and con about the LM470 vs the equivalent from US Tower (if
one does exist)?

I don't find a HDX472 (Motorized crank up to 70 feet) model in the magazines
I have around here - and I can't find a web page for them.

I sure would like to compare the specs for the two choices before shelling
out $3600 for the LM470 (although if the US Tower version is more expensive,
I will probably not seriously consider it).

 Frank - W0ECS