[TowerTalk] Re: extending tower masts

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: extending tower masts
From: (Frank T. Brady)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 11:59:13 -0700
I just called US Tower again (209)733-2438 and the lady verified the
figures. I passed on your comments and she said she would have the owner
(Bruce) call me this afternoon within two hours.

Again, the 200# wt limit and 22.8 sq feet is quoted for the HDX572 fully
extended with a ONE FOOT maximum extension of their 5 foot mast at wind
velocity of 70mph.

Now, it may turn out that they don't include their 5 ft mast weight in the
200# limit.  Whatever, it seems to me that a great number of hams are
'overloading' their towers - almost anyone who is stacking on extended masts.

I'm anxiously awaiting the call from Bruce.  Thanks for your response.

 Frank - W0ECS