[TowerTalk] Great Circle Maping Shareware

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Great Circle Maping Shareware
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 21:02:36 -0400
Hi Gang,

I don't know how many of you are into great circle mapping (you know... so
you can point your beams to places you can see nicely distorted from your
home QTH),  get an instantaneous azmithul bearing to the area as well as the
distance from your station.  I've located just such a program written by
SM3GSJ and it's the best windows mapping program I've seen yet.  It has
great detail and is very configurable... especially for your exact longitude
and latitude.  Point your web browser at:

                                    ftp://n6nd.nosc.mil/hamradio/gcmwin21.zip

It'll take some time to download but this one's a real beauty and well worth
the wait.

The giant size New York based Azimuthal Equidistant Projection map that the
USGS published years ago is out of print.  I know, I actually visited to the
Library of Congress to research it (an experience I strongly recommend)....
but, they will make you a same size B/W photocopy- about 3' x 4',  for only
about $8.00.  Meanwhile the little one that you can make from the GCWIN32
maping program is a close second.... and free.  Try it! You'll like it!

-73-
Roger, K2JAS