[TowerTalk] Rotor Installation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor Installation
From: wrt@eskimo.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 00:42:21 GMT
On Mon, 16 Jun 1997 23:45:49 -0400 (EDT), "Charles H. Harpole"
<harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu> wrote:

>A definite error in the article on towers in the latest CQ Contest
>magazine.  The article says one can not install a T2X inside the top
>section of a HDBX-48 Rohn u-channel leg tower.  Wrong.  I have done this
>operation--with a factory fresh non-modified tower three times.
>The rotor shelf does not have to be upside down, and no cross arms need to
>be removed.  The BX is getting a little bit of a bad rap in general, and
>this error needs correction.  de K4VUD
The factory may have modified the upper section since I got mine in
December '92, but I guarantee you the only way it would go in was to
put the mounting plate upside down.  Or maybe bend the cross braces,
which I was not about to do.

I sent a letter to the factory about it and they replied that they
would "look into it".  I never heard any more, but perhaps they did
make some kind of change.

73, Bill W7TI