[TowerTalk] Rotor Installation

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor Installation
From: (AA1K Jon Zaimes)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 11:09:00 -0400 (EDT)
To: <>
>Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 14:43:57
>To: (Stan Griffiths)
>From: AA1K Jon Zaimes <>
>Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Installation
>At 02:54 AM 6/18/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>The REAL problem, as I see it, is what do you mount it on once you get it
>>inside the tower?  A standard AS25G won't fit where there are diagonals.
You could mount the plate where two sections meet, where there are no diagonals.

If the rotor has a bottom mast mount, there is another solution. Make up a
"T" bracket from angle stock (galvanized steel or aluminum). One piece goes
between two legs. The other piece goes from the third leg to the middle of
the first piece. Two u-bolts in the center of the second piece hold the pipe
onto which the rotor mast-mount will sit. For a sturdier mount, use a second
T mount a couple of feet below the first one, with the support pipe held by

The angle stock is attached to each leg with a couple of U bolts.

I've used similar setups on both Rohn 25 and Rohn 45, also placed above
rotors to hold the mast when the rotor needs to be removed for servicing.
73/Jon AA1K