[TowerTalk] Cleaning aluminum

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cleaning aluminum
From: (
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 11:26:21 -0700
I can echo these comments about maintenance.

Sure, it is a fair amount of work, but I remove, inspect and re-install my
antennas each year. The longest any antenna has been up without being
"reviewed" was 2 years, at least since 1977. A by product of this effort is
learning how to install things that can be removed and re-installed the most
efficient way.

Everything will eventually need some work, especially large arrays. To quote
someone recently about making things stronger, "Before I made it stronger,
it would last one winter. Now, it lasts two."

Maybe ground-mounted, larger magnetic loops are really the way to go?!!

Have a good day and 73,
                        Tom, N6BT
                        Force 12 Antennas and Systems
                        (Home Page )