[TowerTalk] galvanized mast

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] galvanized mast
From: (
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 18:21:22 -0400 (EDT)
The usual cost for galvanizing is $25 to $30 per 100lbs of steel weight. Some
galvanizers have a minimum charge to cover their setup and handling expenses.
If you supplier had to meet a minimum and pay for truck freight to and from
the galvanizer his costs could easily reach$100.

If the material is of a strong alloy (80,000 psi yield or better) you still
got your moneys' worth. If you had purchased this item from my company, Texas
Towers,  You would have paid another $80 to $100 in truck freight from Texas.

Now with mast out of the way could I interest you in some replacement
aluminum elements for your beam or perhaps in one of our high tech
micro-finish polishing kits?

73 de Gerald Williamson, K5GW