[TowerTalk] AEA cable mate

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AEA cable mate
From: (John Brosnahan)
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 21:08:04 -0600 (MDT)
At 10:24 PM 6/22/97 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 97-06-22 21:33:46 EDT, (Effinger SH
>(Sam) at MSXSOPC) writes:
>> I am wanting to buy the AEA cable mate TDR--- what is the opinion of the
>>  group on them.   I know it won't compare to more expensive models but
>>  for
>>  $300 it     isn't too bad.
>>   What is the best in line SWR meter "excluding the Bird" watt meter..
>     I haven't used the AEA myself but rumour has it that it is susceptible
>to nearby RF (broadcast) interference. I use the MFJ-259 here and have been
>happy with it. It's not a lab instrument but good enough for ham work. While
>it's also susceptible to RF, I pass the cable through some toroids and it
>helps quite a bit.
>73,  Steve   K7LXC

Steve, apples and oranges.  He was asking about the AEA TDR not the
AEA antenna bridge--and all of the bridges with internal oscillators and
broad band detectors are susceptible to BC interference.

You would not normally use a TDR with an antenna hanging off the
end, so it shouldn't be susceptible to BCI.

cul--John  W0UN