[TowerTalk] Unguyed

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Unguyed
From: (T. A. Russell)
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 22:53:00 -0600
On Sun, 22 Jun 1997 19:57:45 -0700 Monte Stark <>

>With Rohn 25, how far above a set of guys is it safe to climb?
>Or do I need to spend the money and get more rope to use as
>temp guys?
>Ron, KU7Y
>New Washoe City, NV

        I have always felt safe up to 30 ft above the last set of guys
        on Rohn 25.  This assumes GOOD guys at all levels (3/16 EHS).
        I have seen people go 40 ft above the guys, but it gets a little
        "wobbly" for me!  (Rohn recommends a maximum guy spacing
        of 35 ft for moderate wind zones).  Temporary guys using
        non-stretch or low stretch rope is not a bad idea, especially
        before the first set of guys are attached or if you don't like
        Pogo sticks.

        de  Tom  N4KG