[TowerTalk] Tower Complaints

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Complaints
From: ku7y@sage.dri.edu (Monte Stark)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 07:39:20 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Stan and all,

Maybe I'm missing something in all this new control kick
that counties are on now, but if this is still America, how
can they tell someone what they can do with their own property?

I just put up a 30' tower and am now putting the 70' tower up.

In my case the 70' tower is over 100' from the nearest building
and about 100' foot from my property line. There is no way if can
land on anything if it should come down. And all the parts will
always be on my land.

I really don't care what the county likes and dislikes. The county
will not maintain any of their ditches/dams/few roads and etc. I
see no reason to ask their permission to do my thing!

What the heck, I haven't had a good battle with a county for a
number of years.

And thanks for all the input about the unguyed question. For those
who wondered about the base/anchor points.....base is 5'x5'x4' deep
with 3 levels of re-bar. The guy anchor points are cut 9'x2.5'x4' deep.

Why so big??  Well, the back hoe had a 24" bucket and the ground was
nice and moist and bingo.....bigger than I wanted! There is almost
8 yards of concrete!

cul,

73, Ron,     SOWP 5545M,

.........KU7Y.....ARCI #8829.....Monte "Ron" Stark.....
....ku7y@sage.dri.edu...........Washoe Lake, Nevada....
....QRP-L #17...ARS #49...NorCal #330.....NRA LIFE.....