[TowerTalk] Peak Roof Mt. Towers and Finding Rafters

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Peak Roof Mt. Towers and Finding Rafters
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 16:32:59 -0400
Hi Jim and all,

I just spoke with one of my antenna hardware suppliers (Interstate
Electronics Incorporated- Hazlet, NJ) and they told me that South River
Products is no longer in business.  They were bought out by Diamond Metals
Corp. which still markets antenna mounting hardware and tripod roof
towers... but none over 5-ft.  I was refered to Rohn as the dealer to see
if I wanted a 9-foot peaked roof mount.

Unfortunately Rohn's 9-ft tower is rated only at 2- sq-ft of wind load
which is definitely only usefull for a big TV antenna or perhaps a nice
size dipole but I don't think much more.

Additionally, may I suggest that you post your understandings regarding the
finding of roof rafters with the stud finder equipment you mentioned.
Everyone would find it interesting, I believe.

Thanks again,

Roger K2JAS