[TowerTalk] PCS

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] PCS
From: (Tim S. Ellam)
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 17:02:03 -0400
>       Before everybody wants to jump on the bandwagon to put a cell site on
>their tower ( and get income for it), think about the consequences. If you
>already have a permit for your Ham Tower, it was probably issued in a
>residential neighbor. Your application probably did not mention commercial
>use. When you change your use, your permit may become invalid.

Canadians should be very cautious if a PCS carrier wants to piggyback on your
Adding a commercial system will change your installation from a Type 2(no formal
requirements) to a Type 1 installation and trigger the need for an Enviromental
Statement, planning permission etc. Most of the major municipalities are
enacting some kind
of regulation to deal with the growth in PCS structures in urban areas and I
would hate to see
amateur installations become dragged into this controversy.