[TowerTalk] PCS

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] PCS
From: (Barry Kutner)
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 22:57:14 +0000
Somebody wrote (lost original):
> >     Before everybody wants to jump on the bandwagon to put a cell site on
> >their tower ( and get income for it), think about the consequences. If you
> >already have a permit for your Ham Tower, it was probably issued in a
> >residential neighbor. Your application probably did not mention commercial
> >use. When you change your use, your permit may become invalid.
About two years ago, an article appeared in our local paper saying
one of the local cellular carriers was getting grief  because they
wanted to put a cell site near my general area (apparently in a cell
black hole at the time). I called the guy quoted in the article from
the cellular company. I said "I already have a tower within a mile of
where you want one." Surprisingly, he wasn't very interested. Started
talking about the heavy windload of 12 hardline runs, etc., etc.
Then I said "Hey, if you want to put in a heftier tower, fine with
me." He said "We'll get back to you if we're interested." That was
the end of it... Not sure why...

Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet:
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: