[TowerTalk] The Moment of Truth

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] The Moment of Truth
From: (Frank T. Brady)
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 19:39:13 -0700
Regarding crank-ups, I might add what I've learned here - if you're going to
crank that baby down every time you quit, two things are going to happen:

 1) you're not going to be a happy ham
 2) you're going to have to accelerate your maintenance schedule

I don't think I would buy a crank-up that wasn't TOTALLY safe in the most
common position at which I chose to use it.  The reason for a crank-up
should be the convenience of working on the antenna with less psychological
and physical stress - NOT to adjust it to the weather.  Sooner or later the
weather will sneak in behind your defenses.

 Frank - W0ECS