[TowerTalk] Beam Recommendation Wanted

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beam Recommendation Wanted
From: (David O Hachadorian)
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 00:01:24 EDT
On Thu, 26 Jun 1997 19:50:08 -0700 Larry McDavid <>
>I've just joined this reflector and would like to ask for a
>recommendation for a tri-band beam to fit within a constrained turning
>I need to maintain a turning radius of about 16 feet to clear a
>line. The Cushcraft A3S and the Hy-Gain TH3 do this. These are very
>design beams. Is there anything better today that meets, or comes
>to the 16-foot turning radius?
>I really have considered the Force 12 C3. It's a little long (19.5 ft)
>in radius, though. Is its performance so much better than the A3S or
>to make it worth the risk of edging over the property line at 70 feet
>I'm in the Los Angeles area--no snow, etc. I'm more of a ragchewer
>a DX chaser.
>Any other suggestions?
>Larry McDavid W6FUB

Hi Larry,

I have the KLM KT-34XA, a big antenna. I do pretty well
in a lot of contests. My local buddy has the KT-34A,
16 ft turn radius, at the same height.
When we get on the air together, nobody can see any
difference in our signals.  73.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL